eDiscovery and digital forensics have a firm place in family law. Smaller cases commonly involve the forensic extraction of call logs and text messages from smartphones. Where higher net worth cases or cases involving a business tend to lead to more eDiscovery. Using our eDiscovery tools and methodologies allows the legal professional to sort through and identify critical electronically stored information (ESI). We help clients in the preservation and use of electronic documents. This ensures that clients are satisfying their disclosure requirements as well as making sure that opposing parties or third-parties are preserving relevant documents. We have assisted on numerous occasions to review preservation orders to ensure that all types of electronic media were included pertinent to the matter at hand. Common items such as internet history, snapchat communications, deleted text messages as well as a host of other phone apps and social media can play a large part in showing cause, fault, endangerment, hidden assets and abuse in a wide range of family law cases.
Decipher Forensics works with Family Law attorney’s on a regular basis to assist in uncovering the truth while people go through divorces and custody disputes. Computer Forensics can be applied in many ways to help you with your case. We have assisted with child custody, infidelity, abuse and hidden assets. We have experience with hundreds of family cases from all over the country. We have driven all night to pick up a cell phone at 2 A.M. to perform the examination inside a rental car. Why might you ask? It was what the client needed from us.
We have also pulled data from computers while a spouse is away from the house for a day. While we have not seen everything, we have seen our fair share of unique cases come through our door. Whether it is a cell phone, tablet, MAC or PC of any kind, we have the experience to assist you in your family law case.
- Find hidden financials of parties (theft of financials, hidden bank accounts…)
- Recover Deleted text conversations (broken protective orders, threats, promises, cheating…)
- Proof of an unfit parent (addictions, excessive pornography, cheating…)
- Recover photos (Sexting, locations, other partners, the general responsibility of parent…)
- Chat conversations (Chat rooms, Facebook, dating sites, divorce plans…)
- Pornography habits are easily established through a proper examination
- Child Pornography is also very commonly found (proves unfit parents and felony acts…)
- Spending habits (general budgeting ability, addictions…)
- Determining if a restraining order has been broken by checking the Wi-Fi logs on mobile devices
- Determining how long infidelity has been taking place, or taking place at all
If you believe that some of these things can help with your case, contact us and tell your attorney so we can get started on your case right away! Call us at (801)-980-1018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in need of a family attorney, please see http://www.martindale.com/ to find the correct one in your location and area of specialty.
Decipher Forensics LLC 686 East 110 South Ste. 104 American Fork, Utah 84003