Are you the victim of Intellectual Property Theft?
Has a disgruntled employee stolen company secrets? Sabotage the computers without any proof? Hackers stealing company secrets or customer data? Intellectual property theft happens more and more each year.
U.S. intellectual property is worth $5.5 trillion dollars which is more than the gross domestic product (GDP) of any other country. (Source: “The Economic Value of Intellectual Property,” USA for Innovation).
Intellectual property accounts for more than half of all U.S. exports, helping drive 40% of U.S. economic growth. (Source: U.S. Department of Commerce).
Jobs in intellectual property‐intensive industries were expected to grow faster over the next decade than the national average. (Source: Robert J. Shapiro and Nam D. Pham, “Economic Effects of Intellectual Property‐ Intensive Manufacturing in the United States,” World Growth, 7/07).
Intellectual property‐intensive industries employ 18 million Americans. Intellectual property theft’s impact on the global economy accounts for $500‐600 billion in lost sales each year, or 5‐7% of world trade. (Source: World Customs Organization).
Intellectual property is a growing industry all over the world. If you feel that you are a victim of IP theft, here are just a few of the things we do to assist our clients.
- Track user activity to see who has been accessing the system (Employee Theft, Hacking…)
- Examine external devices history to see if an employee has been copying files (Company Secrets, Client Lists, Source Code, Contracts, Technical Documents, Business Plans, Financial Data…)
- Malware Analysis to see if a virus infected your network, which computers are infected, and what data could be affected (Hacking, Personally Identifiable Information Leaked…)
- Retrieve confidential files that you can’t trust anyone else with (Company Secrets, Contracts, Client Lists, Source Code, …)
- Examine Cell phones for communications if an employee is suspect of selling company information (Company Secrets, Client Lists, Source Code, Contracts, Technical Documents, Business Plans, Financial Data…)
- Examine Remote Access to see if someone has been accessing systems without proper authorization (Employee Theft, Hacking…)
Your intellectual property is a precious commodity to you. Whether it is a client list that you suspect a former employee has taken, or highly sensitive information that is the basis of your companies existence. Regardless of what it is, if it is important to you, it is important to us. We work with your legal counsel to gather the evidence to build your case.
Call us today so that we can get started as soon as possible to help you catch those responsible for your company secrets being leaked. Call us at (801)-980-1018 or email us at email@example.com
Decipher Forensics LLC 829 S. 220 E. Orem, UT 84058